- Personal Information you give us when you opt-in to Offers, Sweepstakes or our other services while engaging with our widgets across our Publisher Network, or if you register for an account or membership on a ROKT Site;
- Information about your interaction with our widgets, including website analytics information retrieved from your web browser, such as Internet Protocol address, browser type, language preferences, access times, referring website address, your general geographic area based on your IP address, in order to customise our services to you;
- Information relating to your advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about what you viewed across the ROKT Publisher Network. We may also collect transaction data from your activity on our Publisher Network and advertiser segmentation lists from our Advertising partners.
- Information provided to us through our customer contact channels.
- Information about you that we may obtain from third-party sources and platforms (including social networking sites, validation services, online marketing companies, ad-targeting companies or advertisers or publishers) to supplement the information we collect with information obtained from those third party sources. For example, if you elect to connect to your third-party social networking service profile (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) through the ROKT Network, or socially share an Offer or Sweepstake, we may access and use relevant details that you permit to be accessed through that social networking service such as username, profile image, location information, interests, activities, ‘likes’, connection list and age for those services.
Use of your Personal Information The following subsections set out how your Personal Information will be used by ROKT (including but not limited to sending you third party advertisements we believe are relevant to you) and may be used by Advertisers and Publishers. (i) Use of Personal Information by ROKT Our use of the Personal Information you give us, and your consent to us using your Personal Information, includes ROKT:
- providing, maintaining, protecting and improving our widgets, products and services;
- selecting and displaying to you Offers that are personalised and customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
- providing your personal information to Advertisers or Publishers in relation to those Offers with your consent;
- making our widgets easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- monitoring the effectiveness of Offers and campaigns;
- sending you details of Offers that you have asked to receive, via any medium including via email and SMS or at the number(s) you provided (which may include using an automatic telephone dialling system or pre-recorded message);
- communicating with you, if you agree, by email, mail or telephone or at the number(s) you provided (which may include using an automatic dialing system or pre-recorded message), including for ROKT Sites.;
- sending follow-up or reminder messages including via email and SMS;
- sending marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in;
- administering Sweepstakes you enter, on behalf of ROKT, Advertisers or Publishers, including contacting you if you win, displaying your name and state on our website, publishing your name in relevant newspapers or disclosing details of winners to relevant authorities, if required by law;
- maintaining appropriate legal or business records;
- enabling us to conduct customer research and develop new services; and
- verifying information you provide to us.
We may state a more specific additional purpose at the point we collect your Personal Information. In order to offer you a more consistent and personalised experience in your interactions with ROKT, information collected through one ROKT service may be combined with information obtained through other ROKT services. (ii) Use of Your Personal Information by Advertisers and Publishers We do not sell, rent, share or trade your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so. Instances where this occurs are described below. Where you enter a Sweepstake on a ROKT widget displayed on our Publisher Network, you agree the purpose of the collection is to allow the Advertiser(s) or the Publisher (as applicable) to use your Personal Information:
- to fulfil the selected Offer and contact you with marketing information associated to the Offer, via any medium including via email and SMS or at the number(s) you provided (which may include using an automatic dialing system or pre-recorded message);
- administering Sweepstakes you enter including contacting you if you win, displaying your name and state on our website, publishing your name in relevant newspapers or disclosing details of winners to relevant authorities, if required by law.
- that disclosure is required by any law, subpoena, court order, or other enforceable legal process;
- it is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- it is necessary for us to do in order to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- that disclosure is required as part of a proposed or actual transfer or sale of all or part of our business or assets.
|Cookie Name or ID||Description of purpose and functionality|
|ROKT widget cookies|
|midimidrl_midrl_omid rl_pwmid||These is a persistent cookies served by ROKT when you access a ROKT widget on the ROKT Publisher Network. Persistent means they stay on your browser after you’ve finished your session on our site, and remains there until you delete them.When you sign up to an Offer or Sweepstakes on a ROKT widget, ROKT assigns you a unique identifier, which is recorded in a cookie placed on your machine. These ‘Member ID’ cookies record that you’ve signed up to a specific offers, so we don’t show you the same offer multiple times, even if you’ve done so across different widgets. Certain of these cookies are used in different contexts, depending on the location from which you access ROKT services.|
|rl_hwgorl_hpworl_hwo#||This is a persistent cookie served by ROKT.ROKT places these cookies to prevent you from repeatedly seeing the same widgets over and over, if you regularly sign up to Offers or Sweepstakes on the ROKT Publisher Network.|
|Third Party Cookies|
|Google Analytics||These web analytics cookies, provided by Google Inc., are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. ROKT uses the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|Googleadservices.com||These web analytics cookies, set by Google Inc to help advertisers determine how many times people who click on their ads end up purchasing their products.|
How to control and delete cookies You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted. If you chose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences, including advertising preferences, controlled by those cookies will be deleted . How do I disable cookies? If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:- For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the appropriate setting using the slider
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Tools> Files”> “Preferences”
- Click Privacy and select one of the available options
What happens if I disable cookies? This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general, ROKT services may not operate in an effective way if cookies are switched off. Version: October 2015